COVID-19 Setting up and operating a safe construction site is aimed at site managers and supervisors who are required to set up and operate a construction site during a pandemic. Its content though is applicable to anyone who works in, or interacts with construction sites.
This course will help to prepare you for managing the health, safety and environmental aspects of a construction site during a pandemic.
This eCourse provides access to:
- the interactive online course material
- an online end of course assessment
Who is it for?
Anyone can take the course, but it is particularly targeted at Site managers and supervisors who are required to set up and operate a construction site during a pandemic.
You need to be able to read and understand English to a good standard.
What does it cover?
The eCourse covers the following topics in 4 modules.
- Hazards and risks of infectious diseases
- Legislation and guidance
2. General site measures
- Travelling to and from site
- Site access and egress
- Site facilities and cleaning
- Driving on site
- Distancing (additional mitigation measures)
- Emergency procedures
3. Outside the site gates
- Protecting the wider community
4. Conclusion and end of course knowledge check
What qualification will I get?
- You will receive certification that you have successfully completed COVID-19 Setting up and operating a safe construction site.
- Certification is valid for five years.
- What are the benefits of learning online?
- The interactive online course takes approximately 3 hours
- The course can be completed at your own pace. You have up to 12 months to complete it.
- Return to the course as many times as you like, it will remember and track your progress.
- What does the end of course examination involve?
- The assessment consists of 20 multiple choice questions with a total score of 20 (each question is worth 1 mark)
- You must obtain a minimum of 16 marks out of 20 (80%) in order to pass your assessment.
- You will have 30 minutes to complete the exam
- What do I need to complete the interactive course?
- To complete the interactive course you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (eCourses are not supported on mobile handsets).
Minimum course system requirements
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android
- Processor: 3 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768
- The most recent version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.